This dip is easy to pull off for a crowd because you can make a big batch of it. It’s relatively inexpensive to whip up and can be served on crusty bread, with chips or pretzels, fresh vegetables, or by itself.
- 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium black beans, undrained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper or pimientos
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste) or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender, process until smooth. Serve with vegetables, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 37 calories, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 109 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Bread/Starch.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.