- 2 medium ripe tomatoes (about 4 ounces each) or 1 large tomato (about 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely crumbled garlic-herb Feta cheese (plain Feta can be substituted)
Slice tomatoes and lay on a serving platter. Drizzle evenly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle evenly with cracked pepper, snipped basil, and cheese. Divide into 4 equal portions and serve right away.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 38 calories, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 60 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.