- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta (6 ounces)
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) reduced-sodium navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
Combine beans, spinach, roasted peppers, capers, basil, and dressing in large bowl.
Drain pasta; add to bean mixture. Add feta and toss gently.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 234 calories, Carbohydrates: 43 g, Protein: 11 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 4 mg, Sodium: 336 mg, Fiber: 9 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.