- 6 cups (6 ounces) packed baby spinach or torn spinach leaves
- 1 cup canned pickled julienned beets, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup fat-free croutons
- 1/3 cup low-fat raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Black pepper (optional)
Combine spinach, beets, onion, and croutons in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat.
Divide evenly among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle with bacon bits and pepper, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 80, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 740 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.