Perfect for a light lunch, this low-carb Mediterranean salad has fewer than 200 calories and can be thrown together in minutes! Just place the salad ingredients in a large bowl, blend the items for the homemade dressing together, combine, and dine!
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-use chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cooked and drained or 1 can (about 14 ounces) whole green beans, drained
- 1 package (5 1/2 ounces) solid white tuna, flaked
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Place lettuce, green beans, tuna and tomatoes in large bowl.
To make dressing, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, and pepper in small bowl until blended. Pour dressing over salad; toss well. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 3 cups salad with dressing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 156 calories, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Protein: 13 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 218 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetable, 2 Meat Lean.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.