- 3/4 pound boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup raspberry fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 plums or nectarines, pitted and cut into wedges
Place pork in large resealable food storage bag. Combine cumin, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper in small bowl; pour over pork. Seal bag; shake to coat meat with spices.
Combine green onions, fruit spread, and orange juice in small bowl; set aside.
Prepare grill for direct cooking. Alternately thread pork and plum wedges onto eight skewers.* Grill kabobs over medium heat 12 to 14 minutes or until meat is cooked through, turning once. Brush frequently with raspberry mixture during last 5 minutes of grilling.
*Note: If using wood skewers, soak in warm water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Serving Suggestion: A crisp, cool salad makes a great accompaniment to these sweet grilled kabobs.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 2 kabobs.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 191 calories, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Protein: 19 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 53 mg, Sodium: 183 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Fat, 1 Fruit, 2 1/2 Meat Lean.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.