- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free tub margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1/4–1/2 a lemon (to taste)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
Place lobster and celery in a medium bowl and drizzle with melted margarine. Toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with pepper and lemon juice. Add mayonnaise and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Yield: 4 cups.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 83 calories, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Protein: 12 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Cholesterol: 41 mg, Sodium: 298 mg, Fiber: <1 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 very lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Tami Ross is a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.