- 1/3 of 5-ounce package prewashed, mixed baby salad greens (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cooled and chopped (or 1 ounce diced tofu)
- 1 ounce shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Kraft Fat Free Zesty Italian salad dressing
Combine salad greens, red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, egg, and cheese, and toss well. Drizzle with salad dressing and serve.
Yield: 1 serving.
Serving size: about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 248 calories, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 17 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 238 mg, Sodium: 575 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Kathleen Stanley, a diabetes educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.