- 1 package (5.7 ounces) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous mix (such as Near East)
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small cucumber (about 10 ounces, or 7 inches), peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 cup canned, no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained
- 5 green onions, minced
- 10 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette dressing (such as Kraft Greek Vinaigrette)
Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting oil. Fluff cooked couscous with a fork. Stir in prepared broccoli, carrot, tomato, cucumber, garbanzo beans, onions, and olives. Drizzle dressing over mixture and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Yield: 7 1/2 cups.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 100 calories, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 210 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.