- 1 bunch fresh broccoli (approximately 1 pound)
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 5 strips turkey bacon, crisply cooked then crumbled
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise (not salad-dressing-type mayonnaise)
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise (not salad-dressing-type mayonnaise)
- 4 packets acesulfame-K sweetener (such as Sweet One)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
Remove stalks from broccoli and discard. Cut broccoli crowns into small florets. In a bowl, combine broccoli florets, green onions, cheese, and crumbled bacon. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together light mayonnaise, fat-free mayonnaise, sweetener, and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
Yield: 5 1/2 cups.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 119 calories, Carbohydrates: 6 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 449 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.