- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pint grape (or cherry) tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons (or 2 cloves) minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packed cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 4 ounces garlic-herb Feta cheese (or plain Feta), crumbled
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt. Meanwhile, place quartered tomatoes in a bowl, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper and toss to coat; set aside. In a small, nonstick skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil for 2–3 minutes. Drain cooked pasta and place in serving dish. Add tomato mixture, arugula, and Feta cheese; toss to mix. Drizzle with warm olive oil mixture and toss again to coat.
Yield: 9 cups. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 162 calories, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sodium: 280 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.