- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (light meat)
- 4 cups napa cabbage, shredded coarsely
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded coarsely
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped, unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
In a large salad bowl, add chicken, shredded napa cabbage, shredded red cabbage, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots, fresh cilantro, sliced cucumbers, sliced green onions, mandarin oranges, and chopped peanuts. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together peanut oil, rice vinegar, black pepper, light soy sauce, minced garlic, mustard, and honey. Add dressing to salad and toss to distribute all ingredients. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 cups.
Serving size: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 177 calories, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 16 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sodium: 120 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 nonstarchy vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
Sharon Palmer is a registered dietitian and freelance writer in Southern California.