- 3 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 2 1/2 cups finely diced tomatoes (2 large)
- 1 cup finely diced yellow or red bell pepper (1 small)
- 1 cup finely diced unpeeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro or basil
Combine tomato juice, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, salsa, oil, and garlic in large bowl; mix well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
Stir in avocado and cilantro just before serving.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 1 1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 127 calories, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 444 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.