- 1 can (about 14 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken*
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half or fat-free (skim) milk
Bring broth to a boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook 10 minutes.
Add soup, rice, thyme, sage, and pepper to saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in spinach, chicken, and half-and-half; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through.
*Note. Half of a rotisserie chicken will yield about 1 1/2 cups of cooked meat.
Yield: 6 to 7 servings.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 256 calories, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Protein: 22 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 62 mg, Sodium: 624 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.