- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups sliced kale or baby spinach
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in carrots and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes or until carrots are tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until heated through. Add kale; stir until wilted.
Yield: 2 servings. Serving size: 1/2 of total recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 287, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 30 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 33 mg, Sodium: 337 mg, Fiber: 8 g
Exchanges per serving: 6 Vegetable, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.