- 1/4 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup roasted garlic or any flavor hummus
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Combine cucumber, tomato, lemon juice, and salt in small bowl; gently mix.
Remove yolks from eggs; discard. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon hummus into each egg half. Top with 1/2 teaspoon cucumber–tomato mixture and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings. Serving size: about 2 filled egg halves.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 49 calories, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 157 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.