- 4 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple onion rings
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted sunflower seeds
Combine all ingredients in a serving dish and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for 1–2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Toss again before serving.
Yield: 4 1/2 cups.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 75 calories, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 110 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.