- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added corn, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as Rotel), undrained
- Half a 1-ounce envelope powdered ranch-style dressing mix
- Half a 1 1/4-ounce envelope powdered taco seasoning
Place all ingredients in a large pot and stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend; remove lid periodically during cooking to stir.
Yield: 11 cups. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 185 calories, Carbohydrates: 35 g, Protein: 9 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: < 1 g, Sodium: 724 mg, Fiber: 9 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 vegetable. Carbohydrate choices: 2 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.