- 2 plum tomatoes (about 1/4 pound), cut lengthwise into halves
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Scoop out and discard pulp from tomatoes, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Place tomato shells, cut sides down, on paper towels to drain.
Combine cucumber, feta cheese, mint, sour cream, lemon peel, and pepper in small bowl. Spoon mixture into tomato shells.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 stuffed tomato half.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 16 calories, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 1 mg, Sodium: 31 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: Free.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.