- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna in water, drained well
- 5 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
Place tuna in a medium bowl and flake with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
Yield: 1 1/4 cups.
Serving size: 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 65 calories, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 494 mg, Fiber: <1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 very lean meat.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.