- 1 whole cantaloupe, about 5 inches in diameter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and drained
- 4 sprigs fresh mint (for garnish)
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 packets Splenda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Cut cantaloupe in half and remove seeds from internal cavity. Carefully remove flesh from rind with a sharp knife. Cut melon into bite-size pieces (should yield about 3 cups). In a medium bowl, mix melon with berries. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients with a small whisk or spoon. Scoop 1 cup of fruit into a serving dish, and top with 1/4 cup of dressing. Add 1 sprig of mint for garnish.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 120 calories, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 62 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 fruit. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.