- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 fresh or thawed frozen bone-in turkey breast half (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Combine broth, barley, onion, cranberries, almonds, sage, and garlic-pepper seasoning in slow cooker.
Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Brown turkey breast over medium heat on all sides; add to slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
Transfer turkey to cutting board; cover with foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Stir parsley into sauce mixture in slow cooker. Serve sliced turkey with sauce and stuffing.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 1/6 of total recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 298 calories, Carbohydrates: 33 g, Protein: 31 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 114 mg, Fiber: 6 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.