- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup cranberry chutney
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
Preheat broiler or prepare grill for indirect cooking. Combine salt, if desired, cinnamon, and ground red pepper in small cup; sprinkle over salmon. Combine chutney and vinegar in small bowl; brush small amount evenly over each salmon fillet.
Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat source or grill over medium-hot coals on covered grill 4 to 6 minutes or until salmon is opaque in center.
Variation: If cranberry chutney is not available, substitute mango chutney. Chop any large pieces of mango.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 fillet and 1 tablespoon chutney.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 229, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 28 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 104 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fruit, 4 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.