1. Rinse the salt off the salt cod, and then soak it for 1 hour in hot water.
2. Drain the salt cod and soak it for another hour in fresh hot water.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet, add the garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add the thyme and sauté for 30 seconds more. Add the onions, scallions, bell peppers, and Scotch bonnet chili, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Drain the salt cod and flake it into the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes more, then add the ackee and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Add the black pepper, and then remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the paprika over the top of the ackee and salt fish.
Calories: 657 calories, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Protein: 41 g, Fat: 49 g, Saturated Fat: 14 g, Sodium: 1,647 mg, Fiber: 6 g
african cuisine asian cuisine bell-pepper chili-pepper cooking cuisine cuisine of the americas dried-and-salted cod eating behaviors of humans edible plants european cuisine food and drink food and drink preparation food ingredients foods frying-pan garlic herbs-and-spices mediterranean cuisine middle eastern cuisine north american cuisine paprika plant-products sauteing scallion thyme vegan cuisine vegetables vegetarian cuisine western cuisine
Recipe courtesy of chef Charles Mattocks.