- 1 3/4 cups Better Baking Mix (see recipe here)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water or fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten or 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Nonfat, plain yogurt (optional)
- Sugar substitute (optional)
- Additional ground cinnamon (optional)
Combine baking mix and cinnamon in large bowl. Make a well in center; add water, applesauce, egg, and oil. Stir with wire whisk just until blended.
Spray griddle or skillet with nostick cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
Using 1/4-cup measure or ladle, pour batter onto griddle. Cook pancakes on griddle until golden brown, turning once.
Serve with yogurt and cinnamon mixed with sugar substitute.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 3 (4-inch) pancakes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 231 calories, Carbohydrates: 37 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 54 mg, Sodium: 545 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.