- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek (white part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped turnip
- 6 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
Combine celery, leek, carrot, turnip, and 1/3 cup chicken broth in large saucepan. Cover; cook over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in remaining 5 2/3 cups broth, parsley, thyme, rosemary, vinegar, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook until noodles are tender.
Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until heated through.
Yield: 6 servings. Serving size: about 1 cup soup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 98 calories, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 73 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.