- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow squash or 1 of each, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir to coat with butter. Cover; cook 3 minutes. Uncover; reduce heat to medium; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
Add squash, salt, and pepper. Cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring once. Add tomato; cook uncovered about 2 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in basil and sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 97, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 551 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Fat, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.