- 4 red potatoes (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 4 ounces turkey breakfast sausage links, casings removed
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce shredded reduced-fat 2% milk mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Scrub and pierce potatoes in several areas with fork. Place potatoes in microwave and cook on HIGH 11 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.
Meanwhile in medium nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook turkey sausage and red pepper flakes until browned, breaking up large pieces while cooking. Remove from heat, add broccoli and set aside.
Split potatoes almost in half, scoop out insides of potatoes into medium bowl and stir in sour cream and salt; spoon back into potato skins. Top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until cheeses are slightly melted.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.