- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Arrange vegetables in single layer on prepared baking sheet; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, and pepper, if desired.
Bake 30 minutes. Gently stir; bake 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat.
Yield: 5 servings. Serving size: 1 cup squash.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 143 calories, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 167 mg, Fiber: 8 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.