- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups cubed (about 1/2 inch) peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cubed (about 1/2 inch) peeled Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Melt butter in large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Add squash; mix to lightly coat with butter. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; mix with large spoon. Add water; cover, bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add apple and cranberries; mix to combine. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until squash is tender. Add walnuts; mix gently.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 129 calories, Carbohydrates: 23 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 170 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.