- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat penne pasta (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces (about 1 cup) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt or fat. Drain and keep warm.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, broccoli, zucchini and bell pepper. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until vegetables just begin to soften.
Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and oregano; mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cook and stir about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and tomatoes release their juices.
Mix vegetables with pasta. Toss in feta cheese.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 264 calories, Carbohydrates: 41 g, Protein: 15 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 8 mg, Sodium: 374 mg, Fiber: 7 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetable, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.