- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 large lettuce leaves
- Chopped mint leaves and/or chopped peanuts (optional)
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, green onions, and ginger; cook 6–8 minutes, stirring to break up meat.
Add water chestnuts and soy sauce to skillet; cook 3 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
Spoon 1/4 cup turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf. Top with chopped mint and and/or peanuts, if desired. Roll up to enclose filling.
Variations. Use turkey mixture as a salad topping or substitute the lettuce leaves with corn tortillas.
Gluten-free. To make this dish gluten free, be sure to read ingredient labels carefully and purchase gluten-free soy sauce.
Yield: 12 wraps (about 6 servings).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 102, Carbohydrates: 6 g, Protein: 18 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Sodium: 87 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 2 meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.