- 1 pound lean ground turkey, 93% fat free
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso 40% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons salsa, medium flavor
- 24 bite-size 100% white corn tortilla chips (1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper, optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
Heat oven to 375°F. Combine ground turkey, egg substitute, seasoning mix, and salsa. Crush tortilla chips into fine crumbs (use a ziplock plastic bag to crush with your fingers). Add crumbs and chopped green pepper to mixture and stir to combine. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread meat mixture in pan using a spatula to press mixture in evenly. Cook for approximately 30 minutes until loaf springs back when gently touched and edges are slightly browned.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1/4 meatloaf.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 201 calories, Carbohydrates: 6 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 91 mg, Sodium: 271 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch. Carbohydrate choices: 1/2.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. She is coauthor of Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes for One, published by the American Diabetes Association in 2007.