- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 salmon fillets with skin (about 4 to 5 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- 2 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
Preheat broiler or prepare grill for direct cooking. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce over fleshy sides of salmon. Let stand while preparing vegetable mixture.
Combine coleslaw mix, snow peas, and radishes in large bowl. Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, marmalade, and sesame oil in small bowl. Add to coleslaw mixture; toss well.
Broil salmon 4 to 5 inches from heat source, or grill, flesh side down, over medium coals, without turning, 6 to 10 minutes or until center is opaque and fish just begins to flake when tested with a fork.
Transfer coleslaw mixture to serving plates; serve with salmon.
Yield: 2 servings. Serving size: 1 salmon fillet with about 2 cups slaw.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 373, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 26 g, Fat: 18 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 62 mg, Sodium: 615 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat, 3 Vegetable, 3 Meat Lean.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.