- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 1 cup dry cornbread stuffing mix
- Cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) Pacific Ocean perch fillets
- 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place water and 1 tablespoon margarine in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in the stuffing mix. Cover, and remove from the heat. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Lay fish fillets in dish; drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with pepper. Spoon half of the stuffing on top of each fillet. Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with the melted margarine. Bake for 15 minutes uncovered, or until fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 4 ounces fish, 1/4 cup stuffing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 203 calories, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 423 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.