- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 four-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Smuckers Simply Fruit Apricot Spreadable Fruit
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a small baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts on the sheet. Combine the ginger, apricot spread, vinegar, pepper flakes, and olive oil in a small bowl with a fork or small whisk. Using a pastry brush or small spoon, spread the mixture evenly on the tops of the chicken breasts. Place in the oven, and bake for approximately 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with black pepper before serving.
Yield: 2 servings.
Serving size: 1 breast.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 215 calories, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Protein: 19 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 493 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.