- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or olive brine
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
Place onions in slow cooker. Arrange chicken thighs and lemon slices over onion. Add olives, vinegar, herbes de Provence, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Pour in broth.
Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley before serving.
Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 150 calories, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Protein: 18 g, Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 75 mg, Sodium: 400 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.