- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
Spray large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until green onions are tender.
Stir broth, lemon peel, and pepper into saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in broccoli and pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 6 to 7 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with cheese before serving. Garnish as desired.
Yield: 6 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 120 calories, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 125 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.