- 1 pound mild Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Fresh basil (optional)
Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat, until cooked through. Drain fat.
Place sausage, beans, pasta sauce, bell pepper, onion, salt, and black pepper in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours.
Serve with rice. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Serving size: 4 to 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.