- 1 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely minced or grated gingerroot
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 split breasts)
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Place the chicken pieces in a flat dish and cover evenly with yogurt marinade. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 6 hours and up to one day. Preheat the oven broiler. Spray a broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place coated chicken pieces on the broiler rack, broiling 10–15 minutes per side until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Yield: 8 servings.
Serving size: 1/8 recipe (1/2 chicken breast).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 159 calories, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Protein: 26 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 79 mg, Fiber: <1 g
Exchanges per serving: 4 very lean meat.
This recipe was developed by Angie Sharp, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.