- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless halibut steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 24 pieces
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into 24 pieces
Combine lemon juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and cloves in large resealable food storage bag; knead until blended.
Rinse fish; pat dry. Cut into 12 (1- to 1 1/4-inch) cubes. Add fish to bag. Press out air; seal. Turn gently to coat fish with marinade. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour. Soak 12 (6- to 8-inch) wooden skewers in water while fish marinates.
Alternately thread 2 pieces pineapple, 2 pieces pepper, and 1 piece fish onto each skewer.
Prepare grill for direct cooking. Spray grid with nonstick cooking spray. Place grid 4 to 6 inches above heat. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place skewers on grid. Cover or tent with foil; grill 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat or until grill marks appear on bottom. Turn skewers over; grill 3 to 4 minutes more or until fish begins to flake when tested with fork.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 2 skewers.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 84 calories, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 12 mg, Sodium: 23 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.