- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichokes packed in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place chicken in 13X9-inch baking dish. Combine paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture; set aside. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture evenly over chicken. Cut artichokes in half; arrange around chicken.
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and reserved 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth; simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in half-and-half; cook 1 minute. Pour evenly over chicken and artichokes.
Bake 30 minutes or until no longer pink.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a steamed green vegetable such as asparagus, broccoli, or green beans.
Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 220, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Protein: 29 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 79 mg, Sodium: 425 mg, Fiber: 7 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Vegetable, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.