- 10-ounce, precooked thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 packet (1.6 ounces) Knorr Alfredo pasta sauce mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- Half a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 ounces diced, fully cooked chicken breast (try thawed, frozen diced chicken breast for convenience)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet or baking stone and set aside. In a saucepan, whisk together Alfredo sauce mix and milk until blended. Stirring constantly, cook over medium-high heat until thickened (about 1–2 minutes). Spread Alfredo sauce evenly over pizza crust. Top evenly with spinach and chicken, then mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and bake
10–12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Yield: 11-inch pizza.
Serving size: 1/6 of pizza.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 264 calories, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 18 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 788 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.