- Cooking spray
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup cooked white rice (warm slightly if using leftover rice)
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fine, dry bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8″ x 8″ pan with cooking spray. Layer broccoli in bottom of pan. Top evenly with rice and then chicken. In a large bowl, whisk together soup, mayonnaise, milk, curry powder, dill, and lemon juice; mix well. Pour evenly over chicken. Sprinkle top of casserole with bread crumbs and paprika. Spray cooking spray over bread crumbs (to help them crisp during baking). Bake uncovered for 25–30 minutes, or until bubbly.
This recipe freezes well. It can be doubled to make a
9″ x 13″ casserole.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 244 calories, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Protein: 23 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sodium: 382 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.