- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw mix
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper,* seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 ounce toasted peanuts
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves or romaine leaves
Combine hoisin sauce, pomegranate juice, sugar, and orange peel in small bowl; set aside.
Combine coleslaw, edamame, carrots, cilantro, and jalapeño in medium bowl. Add chicken and peanuts; toss gently.
Arrange lettuce leaves on large plate. Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture on top of each lettuce leaf and drizzle with 1 teaspoon sauce.
*Note: Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 3 wraps.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 198 calories, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Protein: 14 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Sodium: 176 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.