- 2 1/2 cups cocoa-flavored sweetened rice cereal
- 6 low-fat honey graham crackers, broken into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon sucralose-brown sugar blend sweetener
- 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 square (1 ounce) semisweet or milk chocolate, melted (optional)
Spray 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine cereal and graham cracker pieces in large bowl.
Combine margarine and sucralose–brown sugar blend in large microwavable bowl; microwave on HIGH 25 to 30 seconds or until margarine is melted. Add 2 1/2 cups marshmallows; microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, or until marshmallows are melted and smooth.
Add marshmallow mixture to cereal mixture; stir to coat. Add remaining 1 cup marshmallows; stir until blended. Press evenly into prepared pan using waxed paper. Cool completely. Drizzle with chocolate, if desired. Cut into squares to serve.
Tip: For a slightly thicker treat, use an 8-inch square baking pan.
Yield: 16 servings.
Serving size: 1 square.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 89 calories, Carbohydrates: 16 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 79 mg, Fiber: 0 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Diabetic Carb Count, 1 Bread/Starch.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.