- 1 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- Artificial sweetener (optional)
- 4 teaspoons Amaretto
- 1 container (8 ounces) nonfat, artificially sweetened strawberry yogurt
- 4 ounces (half an 8-ounce container) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 9 individual serving, ready-to-eat mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 5 small strawberries
Sweeten chopped strawberries with artificial sweetener, if desired. Drizzle Amaretto over berries and toss to coat. Stir in yogurt then whipped topping. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each pie crust, until they are nearly full. Slice remaining strawberries in half lengthwise and garnish each tart with half a strawberry. Place the tarts on a tray and freeze them uncovered for at least 1 hour, or until firm. Transfer to an airtight container and keep tarts in freezer until serving time. Remove from freezer 5–10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 9 servings. Serving size: 1 tart.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 158, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 180 mg
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1/2 skim milk, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.