- 1 medium banana (about 8 inches long), sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin orange sections in light syrup, chilled and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, chilled and drained
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
In a small bowl, toss banana slices with lemon juice, coating well to prevent browning. Drain off excess lemon juice and transfer banana slices to a serving dish. Add mandarin orange sections and pineapple chunks and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and toasted coconut, and serve right away.
Yield: 4 cups. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 118 calories, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 10 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.