- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1/2 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 4 cups 1/2-inch cinnamon or cinnamon-raisin bread cubes (about 6 bread slices)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 medium-size muffin cups with paper baking cups.
Combine milk, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg, if desired, in medium bowl; mix well. Add bread; mix until well moistened. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
Spoon bread mixture evenly into prepared cups; drizzle evenly with margarine.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until snacks are puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Note: Snacks will puff up in the oven and fall slightly upon cooling.
Yield: 12 servings. Serving size: 1 snack cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 72 calories, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 2 mg, Sodium: 93 mg, Fiber: 0 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.