- 9 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 1/4 cup Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, granular
- 1/4 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup trans-fat-free margarine
Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss apples with 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Transfer apple mixture into a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Beat margarine and add the remaining 1/4 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar along with the flour and oatmeal. Blend until well mixed. Evenly distribute flour mixture over apples. Bake for 35–40 minutes on the top rack of the oven until topping is lightly browned and apples are soft.
Yield: 15 servings. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 170 calories, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 80 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This column is written by Sandy Bjerkness, RD, LD, a research dietitian and freelance writer from Rochester, Minnesota.